Oh yeah- we went there. Portfolio work. It happened. We started to outline what could go in each part and I have to say-it’s quite a bit of work!
Despite Katy best attempt to rouse us for a 9AM meeting on Saturday morning- we ended up meeting at 10AM. Still too early, but worth it! We had some trouble getting started, but once we were we got rolling. It was kinda interesting seeing all the work we had done too. The common refrain was “what would we have done without the blogging, reflections and innovative unit!” Truth be told, much of the work we’ve done is going to be great evidence for different parts of our portfolio.
First, we decided that we WILL NOT be like some other cohorts that waited until the last minute. You will not see me in the computer lab working on this in late July-early August. It’s in writing- you can mark it down. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
Second- in order to accomplish this goal a few things gotta be set. I have to organize my portfolio folder with the 10 core competencies. Then before even thinking about writing start putting the evidence into these folders. This is crucial- we’re going to need to have all of this set up and planned before even writing in order to make it go quickly. I also think we should talk among the cohort to share the evidence that we’re using and see how it’s being organized in the portfolio itself. Copies are a must-it’s gotta be digitized!
Next- have to make sure that the rubrics are lined up- Warner, NSTA, and CEC all together. It’s crucial that we talk about the overlap between the standards so we’re not writing three separate portfolios.
Then it’s go time- all of this should be done before summer b starts. Then the pressure really gets turned up. 6 weeks to go- but now everything has already been set up. The prep work is done, evidence all lined up ready to be put in. 3 weeks is all the time it’ll take. Few hours every day. The last two weeks of summer b will be smoooooth sailing-and then we’re done!!!!!